Forgot your password?

We just sent you an email, containing instructions for how to reset your password.

Sign in

  • Today was my cleaning and chores day, so I have spent the morning dusting, sweeping, mopping (is Swiffering a word?) and vacuuming, in addition to planning out dinner for tonight (Grilled Tilapia with steamed brussel sprouts and salad), and running out to have a set of glasses repaired then running by the local supermarket to pick up a dozen yogurt (we eat a lot of yogurt).

    While I was out at the eyeglass place, which is in our local mall, I decided to take a walk to the far end and back. Remembering I needed a tie for my middle daughter's wedding in July, I took the escalator up and found, amidst a pile of $22-30.00 ties, the perfect Navy Blue 100% silk tie on sale for $8.00.

    Pleased with my shopping prowess, I took a leisurely stroll back down the top level of the mall, the stairs to the bottom level, and proceeded back out to the parking lot. While the sun was shining and the clouds were the white, puffy, cotton ball things you read about in fairy tales set in a perfect blue sky, the wind and the temperature required a jacket, but overall a very pleasant day.

    Drove over to the market and picked up a mixed dozen yogurt, paid for my purchase and walked back out to the car when it hit me...the price wasn't right. I looked the receipt and, sure enough, the young lady had mistakenly charged me for 13 items instead of 12. Being in an agreeable mood, I let the young lady know I was going to go get that 13th item and call it square, which I did.

    Got home to let Olivia run out the door after picking her up and petting her, and decided to have a snack and set up the coffee pot for the evening meal. Noticed the pot was getting a little grungy, so I grabbed my sponge and my dish soap and began to scrub and clean the glass. I was almost finished when, oops, the pot slipped out of my hands and into the porcelain sink.

    Rather than unleash a plethora of foul language, as I was once wont to do, I instead sighed an “Oh well” and proceeded to clean up the broken glass, suffering a minor stab in my thumb while doing so. Nothing major, we are talking a bandaid here. At least it dropped into the sink instead of the floor where the pieces would have shattered in every which direction and you literally have to redo the floor, at least the sweeping part.

    So now I have to put my shoes and jacket back on and whisk my way back to the store for another pot. Oh well, better get to it. Have to start dinner in just under two hours.

    Think I am going to be lazy tomorrow. Being productive didn't seem to work out.

    Just kidding.

    • Share

    Connected stories:


Collections let you gather your favorite stories into shareable groups.

To collect stories, please become a Citizen.

    Copy and paste this embed code into your web page:

    px wide
    px tall
    Send this story to a friend:
    Would you like to send another?

      To retell stories, please .

        Sprouting stories lets you respond with a story of your own — like telling stories ’round a campfire.

        To sprout stories, please .

            Better browser, please.

            To view Cowbird, please use the latest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer.