1. On Alma, when I blew past their street the first time I drove up there to escape my high school bedroom, my parents, and the LSAT.
2. When I deleted his texts because “we” wouldn’t work.
3. When I realized “we” might work.
4. When he said “no.”
5. When I realized I could turn “no” into “no more settling.”
6. When I realized what “no more settling” looked like for other parts of my life.
7. When I started performing better at work.
8. When home got better.
9. On the El Camino, driving to my business class (merge-right-to-turn-left nonsense when you enter the campus - I took this photo when I finally arrived).
10. When I started rock climbing.
11. When I started pursuing a project that truly is my Passion.
12. When I started putting myself first.
13. El Camino, again.
14. Returning to “no more settling” in the Trader Joe’s parking lot where I stopped to collect myself after hearing the Steve Job’s commencement address in my business class (I drove for miles before I realized I’d pulled out of the parking space without turning my headlights on).
(going straight, sort of)
[Re: 4. He's earned my thank you. 5-14 wouldn’t have happened otherwise.]